Upon arrival in Atlanta, I went through the US Immigration and I{m sure everybody knows what I was faced with - once again after my visit to Seattle and Boston last year. I was questioned as follows, with a straight face:
"Where are you going?"
"Which country do you live in?"
"Why do you have a passport from Canada?" At that point, I couldn{t hold my temper and answered, "Because I{m Canadian?" I almost regretted instantly, but it was too late.
"Where were you born?"
"WHERE were you born?"
"What do you do?"
"What{s the name of your company?"
"How long have you lived in Canada?"
"Did you bring with you any meat... alcohol... bla?"
Then he finally let me off. I was so close to getting myself into trouble. But I really don{t know why he had to pick on me. What the hell did he want to know how long I lived in Canada for_ And the name of the company I work for???
Anyways. After all that, we had a bite of food, and decided to go out to the city for a bit. We took the train and headed downtown. Wow. I guess I can now tell people I{ve been to Atlanta! My friend has never set foot on North America before. She can now tell people she{s visited teh U.S. =)
For some reason, a lot of buildings in downtown Atlanta had broken windows o
We briefly took a walk to the Centennial Olympic Park, the Georgia Aquarium, and the Coca-Cola Store. Then we had to rush back to the airport to take our next flight. The timing was actually a bit too t
And here I am, in the plane that is about to take off, getting ready to pass out the moment I close my eyes. I will arrive in Lima in approximately 4 hours, at around 11pm on March 16 (GMT-5), or noon on March 17 in HK time.
1 comment:
"ATLANTA — A powerful tornado struck directly at the commercial center of downtown Atlanta on Friday night, blowing windows out of dozens of high-rise buildings, tossing trees and cars, and severely damaging many of the city’s landmarks, including the CNN Center, the Georgia Dome and the convention center."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/16/us/16atlanta.html
Yep, you were there to give us 1st hand information on the damages.
Post a Comment