Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Three Trips in a Month

Yup, I'll be going on three trips in October. I've planned for a scuba diving trip to Sipadan, Malaysia for months. That I'm departing for from Oct 13-19. It's a bit of a pity I'm departing on a Monday and avoiding the two public holidays in early October. But since I'm travelling with people who don't work the regular week days, I have to compromise. So I was looking into climbing Mt. Kinabalu two days prior to the trip to utilize the weekend. But it's quite costly doing it alone with no one to share the costs with and the schedule would be quite tight and straining.

Then my brother invited me along to go to Guizhou, China with him on Oct 9-12. Well, it's a bit crazy to pack two trips on consecutive days, and I was a bit reluctant to take another two days off for this trip, but I said yes eventually and now my weekend could be utilized. (And only after this trip was confirmed did I find out I was actually able to find some travel buddies from the web to do the Mt. Kinabalu climb with. But the mountain is there and I can always go back.)

Then I was able to make it to Disney Orlando on a business trip from Oct 26-29. I'd stay after for two days and return to work in HK on Nov 3. I'm not sure what's there to do in Orlando. It seems like I'll be spending some money on accommodations and transportation. Will I have to rent a car? Is there much to do besides the theme parks? I have yet to find out. But it's nice to do long-haul trips (yes, I'm weird) and gain some mileage. And to set foot in North America is still good, despite it being the US of A.

I originally thought of going to Angkor Wat, Cambodia from Oct 1-5. But I'm running out of annual leaves and I'd be cursed if I went on four trips in a month. :)

No comments: