Friday, December 21, 2007

One Hectic Week

Oh gosh it's been 10 days since I last blogged. I've been so busy the past week and a half that I couldn't spare time to blog although so much happened. I finally moved into my new place on the past Saturday. The past Friday was my birthday, and I didn't want to go out cuz I wanted to finish my packing. But I ended up going out for drinks with a few colleagues. I got a bit drunk and went home to sleep. I got up at six the next day to start packing.

My friend was arriving on Saturday at 9 in the morning. So the first activity he had upon arrival in Hong Kong was to help me move! I'm just a great host, huh. I'm glad he helped. It made my move so much easier and more fun. Then the broadband guy came in. He had to be one of the most important people for this move. Then my friend and I went to TST to have dinner with another friend. It was a fun, long day.

Then on Sunday, my friend and I were gonna go for a hike in Shek O. We ended up still going to Shek O, but we checked out the different boulders and climbing routes there instead. Climbing those rocks was already intensive exercise for my upper body and I was so sore the day after. I went back to my parents' to pick up the cats and the rest of my stuff. Guess what happened? It was one of the weirdest things that could happen. My mom drove. She used her cell to call my sister-in-law while driving (it's illegal to drive and talk on the phone without using handsfree). A cop saw it and pulled her over. My mom parked the car. The cop parked his bike. Just as he walked over to my mom, his bike fell! Onto my mom's car! And broke the lamp!! Now guess who's charging who?!

Monday, my friend went hiking on Lion's Rock. I took him to the outdoors stores in HK and he bought a Mammut 10.5mm 60m double-weave climbing rope. I met up with our other mutual friend who happened to be visiting HK from Canada at around the same time. We had drinks. Then I invited a few diving buddies over to my messy place to have a few beers. We chatted a bit. It was a long day.

On Tuesday, those two friends went rock climbing on Lion's Rock. Too bad I couldn't go. But it was probably too hard for me to climb anyway. I went to Ikea to buy some stuff and then to Fortress so my friend could buy a camera. It was once again pretty late when I finally got home.

Wednesday, I had this great offer from Tefal for a set of pots and pans. I don't really cook so I planned on getting the minimal number of and the least basic cookware. But that deal was so attractive that I decided to get the whole set - for only HK$400! I was finally able to do some more unpacking that evening. I felt great getting rid of the boxes! Although I had to reschedule a plan with a friend. I didn't feel much at that time, but now I'm feeling so bad for having rescheduled it...

Thursday, oh that's today, finally. I got a Christmas present from my boss. It's a Waterman pen with my name engraved. It's a nice colour and I quite like the pen. Then I met up with my friend whom I stood up on the previous day. I was late - and I was told that I would've been taken to Tiffany for a little treat. I felt so bad because I took the occasion so casually when my friend was so serious about it. He then handed over a gift to me - a mont-bell Gore-Tex PacLite shell!!! Oh my gosh!!! I couldn't believe I was getting that as a combined birthday and Christmas present! I was thrilled! But at the same time I felt even worse for having taken our meeting so lightly. I know I've been affected... Not doing much tonight. Only unpacked the vacuum cleaner. And I finally found some time to do some updating on my blog.

I'm so tired...

No comments: