Sunday, July 15, 2007

Trailwalker Practice #2

We had our second practice yesterday, which happened to be the hottest day of the year so far, at 35C. I sucked, as usual. We hiked with two other guys who've previously finished Trailwalker. Boy, am I worried now. They went up 314m in a breeze, while I was panting like a dog. And they finished the race in 29 hours. If that kind of physical fitness still took them 29 hours, I really don't know if I can even finish the race!

Some stats of Practice #2:
MacLehose Trail Stage 2
Total distance travelled: 15.87km
Average speed: 4.1km/h
Max speed: 36.4km/h
Duration: 3h 51mins (rests excluded)

I went jogging again tonight. This time I jogged longer, but still not a non-stop 30 minutes. It's definitely a mind thing.

I'm so tired... I deserve a good sleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where do u jog? doing laps in a park/athletic grd is incredibly boring for endurance trainig.

Maybe try jogging on the streets? Find a route that takes 30min to finish so u hv to jog/walk the 30min target.