Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The MTR Adventure

I must've done one of the stupidest things tonight. Or maybe it was my most absent-minded moment.

I meant to take the MTR from TST to Fortress Hill. Simple and easy, huh? I got on at TST, rode for one station, was glad that lots of people got off and I took a seat and started reading, thinking it would be another few stations before I would get off. Apparently what I heard at the next station was, "Central. This is the end of the Central line." And passengers could get off to continue on to Sheung Wan.

Realizing my stupidity, I was about to get off. Then on second thought, I stayed in my seat because the train would then depart again, going in the other direction. So I kept on reading my book and noticed that at the next station, people rushed in and I was glad I already had a seat. I kept reading. The next thing I heard was, "The next station is Tsim Sha Tsui." Gosh, I just got back to where I started!

I finally got off at TST, crossed the platform, put away my book, and really paid attention to where I was going...

1 comment:

Rover said...

Yeah... riding the MTR can be addictive. No need for excuses :)