Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hugs

Chinese are not best known for their passion or intimacy. How often, however, do we see on TV or movies that Chinese people (guy + guy, girl + girl, or even guy + girl) would hug each other when they are reunited after a long parting or when something horrible has happened. And how often do we see two Chinese people hugging on the street? The TV shows or movies must have dramatized the behaviour.

I'm not a physical person. I don't often touch people and I need a large personal space. However, I do have the desire to hug sometimes. This might have to do with my exposure to the Canadian culture. Being a timid person, however, I don't usually initiate hugs, especially now that I'm in Hong Kong it seems so weird to hug a local.

Just some thoughts on the topic of hugs. =)

1 comment:

sp said...

Yes. I know how this feel.