I've been asked to do this year's Trailwalker by two different friends so far. I'm not sure I want to do it. The race is in November, meaning I'll have to do all the training throughout summer. I really don't want to endure that heat. I envy Simon's determination, though. He used to do no exercise. When he decided to take up hiking, he does so consistently every week for a year. I've never been so dedicated. Now he wants to do Trailwalker and runs (he emphasized that it's not jog...) every night. Perhaps I should say yes to Trailwalker just so that I do get my bum off the couch and start sweating. Climbing Mount Ranier in July with another friend would also be awesome, but I don't have enough time to get in shape and all that investment (outfit, gear, flight, etc.) is too costly.
I bought a pair of dress pants (I've been looking for dress pants for a long time and have found it very hard to find ones that both look nice and fit me) last week. I tried to save $20 from alteration and asked Mom to shorten them for me. It took Mom some effort to do the altering and I told myself I'd never try to save that money to make Mom do that work for me again. Just when I thought I could wear them tomorrow (because I left them out for the maid to iron them), my worst nightmare came true. Around lunch today, I suddenly regretted taking my pants out for ironing. The fabric of my pants are a bit shiny and are cool for the summer. I knew that kind of fabric couldn't take heat. It would melt. I looked at the watch -- oh well, it was already past noon. What was done was done. So I came home and looked at my pants. Only if my other hunches would come true. One triangular melt mark with a tiny hole, right on the bottom of my pants, facing outward. There. The satisfaction of having found a pair of dress pants that fit nicely; Mom's hard work and eye strain on altering the length; money spent on the pants. All those went down the drain without my having even worn the pants once. Sheesh!
Going to Shenzhen again tomorrow. I thought my new dress pants would keep me nice and cool tomorrow in this boiling weather. Oh well. I hope I'll be back home before 5pm.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment