Sunday, June 03, 2007

Recollection

I've been so lazy to blog the past month. To put it more accurately, the thought of blogging didn't even come to mind much. I've gone out more after work, and when I was home, I was hooked on the TVB soap opera 溏心風暴. If I missed the episode, I'd go online to stream it right away. Now that the series is over, I have no more TV shows to follow. Heroes Season I, the season finale of which has been a disappointment for me, is now over. South Park, believe it or not, is taking a break again till September. I could start some other shows like 24, Grey's Anatomy, House, etc., but I should cut down on the amount of time I spend on TV.

I came back from Guangzhou yesterday after a 3-day 2-night, part-work part-vacation trip. I stayed at a 3-star hotel, but I was able to have a swim in the beautiful outdoor pool at Shangri-La, where no one else was swimming. The weather was beautiful, and the pool was completely empty aside from our group of four. Then we had dinner by the pool. The swim was so enjoyable that I came back to HK on Saturday to swim again in the pool at my place. It was a rainy day and the pool was also empty - I was the only swimmer and it was an awesome experience. I'll try to swim more from now on - whenever the pool gets less crowded, and if I get invited to swim over on the roof of the Convention Centre ;-).

We've seen a week of awesome air and awesome sky. I can't remember when I last saw so far across the harbour or so many different shades of green on the mountains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. I went swimming yesterday too, which I haven't been doing for a year. I hope there are more nice and quiet pools in Toronto. Even though I didn't pick the right time (recreational swim), but was refreshing.

Anonymous said...

I've been taking swimming lessons every friday. Guess what, my instructor is already teaching us butterfly strokes & diving. I've been able to do some dolphin kicks but I was too nervous about diving. I've been choked too many times while trying to dive.