Sunday, June 10, 2007

Take It or Leave It

I used to think it's such a waste to have food uneaten and go into the garbage so I always tried to finish all the food. Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem like the best idea afterall. First of all, it makes me fat, and I'll have to go on diet and work out more to get rid of that extra fat. This is extra work done. Secondly, I produce more heat with increased weight. Thirdly, with a bigger appetite I take in more food. Then, by ingesting more food I probably excrete more bodily waste. So it seems like forcing myself to finish the leftover food isn't that environmentally friendly afterall, albeit the whole point of finishing that food was to be good to the environment. Of course, we shouldn't order more than we can finish in the first place. If we do have leftover food, we should bring in our reusable containers to pack them away instead of using disposable containers. My gut feeling is that wasting food is better than packing it in disposable containers.

Hmm... I wonder if exercising is good for the environment... ;-)

No comments: